Health & Safety Compliance
Effective workplace health and safety will allow you to be compliant with the Health & Safety at Work Act and its various Regulations.
- You must have a Health & Safety policy outlining responsibilities and procedures.
- You need to identify the hazards and assess the risks in your workplace.
- You must protect your employees and others affected by your work procedures from injury or illness.
- If you have more than 5 employees all of this must be recorded and checked regularly.
Effective Health & Safety In:
- Reduces accidents and lowers injury and illness rates.
- Improves employee morale.
- Reduces lost working days.
- Limits equipment damage and production costs.
- Decreases compensation payments.
Failure to comply can be a costly business in your time and finances. Safety adds value to your workplace and your business.
ARE YOU COMPLIANT?
- Have you a Health & Safety Policy?
- Have you appointed someone to be responsible for health and safety in your workplace?
- Have you carried out Risk Assessments for all your activities?
- Have your employees had health and safety training?
- If so, is it suitable and sufficient?
- Do you always investigate accidents?
- Do you record and investigate “Near Misses”?
- Have you had regular Safety Audits?
Penalties for failure can be severe leading to unlimited fines and/or up to two years in prison. You could also face compensation claims from employees and / or members of the public.
Our experienced consultants will meet with you and examine conditions in your workplace to identify any potential hazards and assess the risks to you and your employees. Starting with a health and safety inspection this is a very cost effective way of ensuring your compliance with the Regulations and providing peace of mind.
< - back to Health and Safety