food safety : Level 3 awards
- Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Catering
- Level 3 Award in Food Safety Supervision for Manufacturing
- Level 3 Award in Food Safety Supervision for Retail
In line with the National Occupational Standards reflecting sector-specific needs, these qualifications provide a thorough understanding of food safety procedures emphasising the importance of monitoring staff and controls.
Who needs this qualification?
Managers and supervisors in small, medium or large catering, manufacturing or retail businesses. Particularly relevant for those who have to develop or monitor HACCP based food safety management procedures and systems.
Why is this training important?
Anyone working in a supervisory position in the food business is not only responsible but also accountable for food safety. It is therefore vital they are equipped with both the knowledge and confidence to do their job effectively.
- Ability to implement and supervise a food safety management system
- Understand food safety procedures
- Understand the concept of food hazards and the risks associated with them
- Understand the terminology with respect to supervising food safety
- Understand the techniques involved in controlling and monitoring food safety
- Appreciate the risks linked to cross contamination
- Understand the role temperature has to play in the control of food safety
- Appreciate the importance of supervising high standards of cleanliness in food premises
Duration: Three-day programme
Assessment: Multiple choice examination
Ofqual Accredited: Yes
Ofqual qualification reference:
Catering – 500/5475/2
Retail – 500/5320/6
Manufacturing – 500/5092/8
Prerequisite: Recommended understanding and knowledge of basic food hygiene – ideally the Level 2 Award in Food Safety taken within the last three years.
Candidates who have already achieved the Level 3 Award in Implementing Food Safety Management Procedures need only attend two of the remaining units of training and pass the multiple choice question examination to gain this award.
Suggested progression: Level 4 Awards in Food Safety
< - back to food safety