Food Safety : Level 2 Awards
- Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering
- Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Manufacturing
- Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Retail
These qualifications have been developed to address the growing need to make learning more relevant to specific business environments and meet the National Occupational Standards. Level 2 Awards in Food Safety provide a flexible syllabus which enables training to be tailored to meet specific needs.
Who needs this qualification?
Anyone working in a catering, manufacturing or retail setting where food is prepared, cooked and handled.
Typical environments may include:
- pubs, hotels, restaurants
- supermarkets and retail environments
- food and drink manufacturers
- care homes
Why is this training important?
Everyone who works with food has a special responsibility for safeguarding the health of consumers and ensure that the food they serve or sell is perfectly safe to eat.
- Firm grasp of the importance of food safety and knowledge of the systems, techniques and procedures involved
- Understanding of how to control food safety risks (personal hygiene, food storage, cooking and handling)
- Confidence and expertise to safely deliver quality food to customers
Refreshment of this qualification is recommended at least every three years.
Duration: One-day programme
Assessment: Multiple choice examination
Ofqual Accredited: Yes
Ofqual qualification reference:
Catering – 500/5476/4
Retail – 500/5319/X
Manufacturing – 500/5091/6
Suggested progression: Level 3 Awards in Supervising Food Safety
< - back to food safety